Pet insurance can save you thousands of dollars if your pet is injured or gets sick unexpectedly, and the investment (as little as $15/month for a cat or $25/month for a dog) can get your pet access to life-saving medical assistance and make sure you can afford to help your furry friend when they need it. Reimbursement up to 90% of your vet bill (less your annual deductible) depends on the plan and options that you choose, with no maximum limits on claim payouts.
In some cases, they can even pay the veterinary clinic directly on your behalf. The policy includes coverage for emergencies, most hereditary, congenital or chronic conditions, cancer, and reimbursement based on your actual vet bill, not what some companies might think it should cost.
Take this opportunity to get a quote for a policy that will help protect your pet.
HealthyPaws Pet Insurance Reviews
How do I know I can trust these reviews?
- There are close 1 865 verified Consumer Affairs reviews.
- We request the contact information of all reviewers to confirm their identity.
- To maintain the site’s integrity, we use smart software to help us out.
- Again, moderators will investigate all reviews before posting to ensure quality and usefulness.
Not sure how to choose?
Get expert byuing tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox
Not sure about HealtyPaws?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Pet Insurance for you
Healthy Paws Contact Information
Year Founded: 2009
Address: PO Box 50034
Phone: (800) 453-4054
ZIP Code: 98015
Country: United States
Price Range: from $17.68 per month
Many pet parents are also fiscally savvy consumers, and they want insurance coverage for their pets that not only provides a great value but monthly rates that won’t break the bank. They’re looking for a broad plan that covers as many health issues as possible, and at the same time, has enough room in case disaster strikes. After all, when a pet is sick or injured, pet owners need to have the bandwidth to tend to their beloved pet, not what it’s going to cost to resolve health issues. Enter Healthy Paws Pet Insurance.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance is licensed in all states and sits under the Chubb Group umbrella of insurance providers, among many other distinguished companies. Healthy Paws first came on the scene in 2009, then as Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation. Their insurance coverage has helped many dogs and cats live a longer, much better quality of life.
How does Healthy Paws work?
Healthy Paws offers “Head-to-paw” coverage for all of its furry clients. There are unlimited annual and lifetime payouts, plus pet owners can get a free quote online for one or all of their fur babies. Healthy Paws gives pet parents the freedom to work with any licensed veterinarian.
- Enrollment in the plan is open to cats and dogs of all ages, from 8 weeks to before their 14th birthday.
- As with many other providers, pre-existing conditions, exam fees and preventative care such as annual check-ups, vaccinations, and dental cleanings are not covered.
- However, despite those restrictions, the plan is comprehensive, covering all other health conditions including hereditary and congenital conditions, chronic conditions, cancer, prescription medications, and emergency care.
- While not pleasant to think about, euthanasia, when medically necessary for a covered condition, is covered under Healthy Paws’ plan as well.
- Once enrolled, there is a 15-day waiting period for accidents and illnesses and a 12-month waiting period for hip dysplasia.
- For potential clients who are not sure if pet insurance is for them, Healthy Paws offers a 30-day Look Period where, for a fee, the potential client can experience what it is like to have pet insurance.
- However, if they find that pet insurance is not for them and they wish to cancel during the 30-day review period, Healthy Paws will give a complete refund of the fee.
Healthy Paws Claim Form
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance processes their claims quickly. In fact, 99% of the claims are processed in two business days. Reimbursement payments are dispersed via check or direct deposit, and claim status can be viewed in real-time via their claim app or website.
If a client is unable to pay the veterinarian in full and subsequently file the claim for reimbursement, arrangements can be made for Healthy Paws to pay the veterinarian directly. Besides, for those clients who wish to manage expectations when it comes to upcoming charges for veterinary services, Healthy Paws has pre-authorization available. Both of these arrangements should be made with a Healthy Paws Claims Representative.
Serving the Furry Community
Healthy Paws participates in a whole host of charity opportunities, including their own medical grant program, Every Quote Gives Hope. Through this program, Healthy Paws has donated nearly $600,000 in grants to many, many pet rescues and animal shelters in their efforts to care for sick and homeless pets.
They have been #1 customer rated for the past 9 years via sites like Yelp, Trustpilot, Consumers Advocate, and Angie’s List. Just recently, Healthy Paws was rated #1 by Canine Journal and rated 9.8 out of 10 through Pet Insurance Review – a site run by pet parents for pet parents.Visit Insure Website
HealthyPaws Availability & Policy Options
Annual deductible options of:
*Freimebusement level options of:
HealthyPaws Pet Insurance Cost
Sample. HealthyPaws dog insurance rates
Sample. HealthyPaws cat insurance rates
Compare Healthy Paws vs Other Pet Insurance Provider
|Unlimited Lifetime Benefits||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Covers All Illnesses & Accidents||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Covers All Genetic Conditions||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Includes Alternative Therapies||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Type of Deductible||Annual||Annual||Annual||Annual||Per Incident|
|Financial Stability Rating||A+||A||A+||A-||A+|
Petinsurancefinder is an independent platform, made to provide pet owners with up-to-date information about top insurance companies. Any insurance company that is presented on this website has the right to make changes to its official data. We are dedicated to distributing reviews based on a person's experience and opinions of his/her insurance company. Reviews are "reviewed" to ensure there is no offensive material. All information may be used only for reference; carefully review your policy before purchasing and signing a new contract. As an independent platform, we receive compensation from companies listed in the comparison block. No review is a representation of our company or its employees.