Having medical insurance for your pet can be beneficial when you consider the high cost of veterinary care these days. Embrace offers you policies for each of your pets, and can even reward you by reducing your annual deductible by $50 for each year that you don’t receive a claim payment (they call it their ‘Healthy Pet Deductible’).
Your pet can be covered for accidents, chronic conditions, cancer, as well as other illnesses (including Dental and Breed specific and genetic conditions). You choose the Annual Deductible and Maximum limit you are comfortable with as well as whether you want to pay for a full 12 months rather than on a monthly basis. A Wellness Rewards product is also available to help you pay for wellness exam fees and routine vet care (with available allowances of $250, $450 or $650).
Take the first step in protecting your furry friend by getting a free quote from Embrace.
Embrace Pet Insurance Reviews
How do I know I can trust these reviews?
- There are close 1 865 verified Consumer Affairs reviews.
- We request the contact information of all reviewers to confirm their identity.
- To maintain the site’s integrity, we use smart software to help us out.
- Again, moderators will investigate all reviews before posting to ensure quality and usefulness.
Not sure how to choose?
Get expert byuing tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox
Not sure about Embrace?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Pet Insurance for you
Embrace Company Information
Year Founded: 2003
Address: 4530 Richmond Road
Phone: (800) 511-9172
ZIP Code: 44128
Country: United States
Price Range: from $29.8 per month
Pets are an integral part of the family and pet owners want to provide them with the best diet and the best care money has to offer. Finding the best pet insurance plan for them is important too, but with so many companies out there, it can be difficult to decide which is the ideal choice. The level of care the company is willing to provide is vital, as is the core values by which they operate their business. Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance provider that runs their business based on their core values – and it shows.
Embrace Pet Insurance was founded in 2003 after winning the 2003 Wharton Business Plan Competition. Today, it continues on a pattern of significant growth, with a constant focus and regard for the customer. Embrace maintains an eco-friendly, pet-friendly office, and much of its staff are registered, veterinary technicians. This is relevant not only for day-to-day business as usual but for the volunteer veterinary assistant work that members of the staff take on.
Embrace Pet Health Insurance
Embrace offers one comprehensive pet insurance plan that caters to both cats and dogs. The plan that they offer is also customizable. The client can select the annual maximum, the annual deductible, and a reimbursement percentage that fits their budget and needs.
There are four unique features to their comprehensive insurance plan:
- Diminishing deductible – This means that every year the client does not file a claim or receive a claim payment, Embrace reduces the client’s deductible by $50
- Pre-existing conditions – Generally pre-existing conditions are not covered by a pet insurance policy or any other insurance policies for that matter. However, if it is a curable condition and the cat or dog has been symptom- and treatment-free for 12 months, the pre-existing condition will be covered
- Wellness rewards – Embrace offers wellness rewards for routine care. This means that they will reimburse for preventative veterinary care, grooming, training, and many other items, with no per-item limits
- Exam fees – Exam fees are covered with Embrace
Embrace offers what’s known as nose-to-tail pet insurance coverage and they reimburse up to 90% of all unexpected veterinary bills. Accidents, illnesses, genetic conditions, cancer, and chronic conditions are covered. In addition, alternative therapies and rehabilitation are covered under a comprehensive policy. There is coverage for cats and dogs from 8 weeks all the way up through the senior years. There is no reduced coverage based on age, health status or claims filed.
All Embrace insurance policies have a 14-day waiting period for illnesses. The waiting periods for accidents are 48 hours and orthopedic conditions come with a 6-month waiting period. However, a feature unique to Embrace is that the waiting period for orthopedic conditions can be reduced through the Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process. This type of process requires an orthopedic exam be performed by the veterinarian. The veterinarian then fills out an exam “report card” detailing the findings of the orthopedic exam. The exam checks for hip dysplasia, cruciate ligament tears, and luxating patellas. It also checks for elbow dysplasia and osteochondritis dissecans. All joints are examined for signs of arthritis and all bones are analyzed for signs of fractures and bone cancer.
Once the pet has received diagnosis and treatment, it is time to address one more thing – getting reimbursed for the treatment services rendered. Enter Embrace’s easy claim filing process:
- Complete the claims form: Print out the claim form, download it from the website or access it via a mobile device. If desired, it is also possible to have the claim form mailed or faxed by the customer service department
- Attach itemized invoices: In addition to the claim form, it is vital to send in itemized, paid-in-full invoices electronically via fax, email or upload to the website. If desired, the client may also mail the claims packet to the Claims Department in Embrace’s headquarters in Ohio
- Payment/reimbursement on all claims will come through DirectDeposit
The client may decide, prior to filing a claim, to request a pre-certification. A pre-certification confirms whether or not a proposed treatment or procedure is eligible for reimbursement. The veterinarian would provide evidence of a diagnosis, plus an itemized listing of a proposed treatment or testing and cost. Embrace will inform the client what is covered and what isn’t (if any). This type of information is helpful for the client because by knowing this ahead of time, it helps to manage financial expectations.
Giving back to their community is one of Embrace’s core values and they do it in a variety of ways.
- First of all, for every policy that Embrace sells, they donate $2 to pet-related charities. For individuals choosing a veterinary technician as a career path, Embrace offers three $1,000 Veterinary Technician Student Scholarships for the school year.
- Another way that Embrace gives back to their community is through employee donation match. For every employee donation, regardless of whether or not the charity is pet-related, Embrace will match the employee donation 100%.
- Embrace also participates in or sponsors multiple local and national events for great causes. Some of these causes include Best Friends Animal Society, Cleveland Animal Protective League, Ohio Search Dog Association, and WECare Worldwide, just to name a few.
Over the years, Embrace has been recognized or honored for its hard work in the field.
- They are a five-time winner (2014, 2016-2019) of The Plain Dealer’s “Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces.”
- They are an eight-time winner (2010-2013 & 2015-2018) of the NorthCoast 99 award, given to 99 workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio.
- In 2017, Embrace won a NorthCoast 99 Special Category Award for Organizational Support and Work/Life Balance. They enjoy many, many high ratings from customers and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
We are dedicated to distributing reviews that are based on a person's experience and opinions of their insurance company. It's not uncommon for reviews to be "reviewed" to ensure there is no offensive material. However, no review is a representation of our company and employees.