Prudent Pet Health Insurance has a wide array of plans for pet illnesses, accidents, and preventive care. It has relatively a liberal approach as compared to other pet insurance companies in the market. You can get $250 Deductible for 90% Reimbursement and set a limit to $10,000. Their motto “for pet parents, by pet parents,” lives up to the expectations.
Prudent pet covers all the medications, treatments, and illnesses like cancer.
Similarly, you can get the diagnosis and treatment of your pet’s unfortunate accident in a heartbeat. It is time to set optional coverage for your pet and get preventive medication for an entire year.
Learn about the satisfactory experience of others with the Prudent Pet Insurance Company and get accurate quotes for your pet right now.
Prudent Pet Insurance Reviews
How do I know I can trust these reviews?
- There are close 1 865 verified Consumer Affairs reviews.
- We request the contact information of all reviewers to confirm their identity.
- To maintain the site’s integrity, we use smart software to help us out.
- Again, moderators will investigate all reviews before posting to ensure quality and usefulness.
Not sure how to choose?
Get expert byuing tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox
Not sure about Prudent Pet?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Pet Insurance for you
Prudent Company Information
Address: 5101 Darmstadt Rd
ZIP Code: 60162
Country: United States
Price Range: from $29 per month
Prudent Pet is a newer pet insurance provider in business since 2018. The company is challenging older, larger competitors in the market with pet insurance for dogs and cats that aims to be easy to use, easy to buy, and easy to understand. Unlike some other insurance sales and service providers, Prudent Pet offers dental and preventative coverage and reimburses for costs like animal prosthetics. The company offers a full range of policy options, limits, and benefits at an affordable price.
Prudent Pet Pet Insurance offers basic accident-only coverage, comprehensive accident and illness coverage, and add-on preventative care coverage for your dogs and cats. Here are your options:
1. Accident and Illness
Prudent Pet offers a comprehensive Accident and Illness plan to help you cover the cost of care and medical treatment for common and minor health problems, as well as more rare and serious conditions. This comprehensive plan covers accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions, and behavioral issues.
Covered Conditions Include
- Accidents and injuries
- Hereditary conditions
- Congenital conditions
- Chronic conditions
- Accidental dental conditions
- Dental illness
- Behavioral conditions
- Oral disease and injuries
Covered Treatments Include
- Diagnostic testing
- Prescription medications
- Microchip implantation
- Emergency care
- Specialty care
- Alternative care
- Behavioral therapy
- Prosthetics and mobility aids
If your pet has an accident or is injured, Prudent Pet's Accident-Only plan can help you cover the costs. Coverage includes the same accident coverage benefits as the Accident and Illness plan, including exam fees and the costs of diagnostics and treatment for accidents.
3. Add-On Coverage
You have the option to add Preventative Care coverage to either your Accident and Illness plan or your Accident-Only plan. This add-on coverage reimburses you for a percentage of certain services that help protect your pet from illness. Prudent Pet offers two versions, Basic Preventative Care and Prime Preventative Care.
Basic Preventative Care Includes
- Annual exam
- Canine DHLPP or feline FVRCP vaccination
- Canine heartworm or feline FELV test
- Canine rabies and/or canine Lyme or feline FIP vaccination
- Dental cleaning
- Fecal test
Prime Preventative Care Also Includes
- Basic Preventative Care coverage
- Blood test
- Canine bordetella or feline FELV vaccination
- Health certificate
- Heartworm/flea prevention
Premium, Deductible, and Plan Limit Options
Premium Can Be Paid
Your choice of an annual deductible of:
Your choice of an annual limit:
Coinsurance / Reimbursement Percentages
Your choice of:
- 10% coinsurance / 90% reimbursement
- 20% coinsurance / 80% reimbursement
- 30% coinsurance / 70% reimbursement
After you meant your coinsurance and deductible, Prudent Pet will reimburse you for a percentage of the covered cost of your dog or cat's care and treatment. The company has a dedicated claims portal on the Prudent Pet website. This is where you'll submit your claim. As Prudent Pet is a newer company there is less information available about their claim process. However, early reviews and customer ratings have been positive.
Type of Coverage Model
Submit a Claim Through
- Dedicated website portal
- Must be submitted within 270 days of service
- Available for dogs and cats
- At least 8 weeks old, no upper age limit
- 24/7 online enrollment access
Modification and Cancellation
- Plans come with a money-back guarantee (if canceled in 30 days)
- No, wait to use Preventative Care coverage
- 14 days for accidents and injuries
- Cured pre-existing conditions may be considered eligible for coverage after a 180-day waiting period
- Pre-existing conditions
- Breeding costs
- Cosmetic procedures
- Wellness and routine care (unless purchased as add-on coverage)
Hereditary and Congenital Conditions Coverage
- A standard part of Accident and Illness coverage
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- Coverage subject to deductible and coinsurance
- Available as add-on coverage with Preventative Care
- No waiting periods
- Includes set annual reimbursement amounts
- Not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Exam Fee Coverage
- A standard part of Accident and Illness and Accident-Only coverage plans
- Tooth extractions covered by Accident and Illness coverage and Accident-Only coverage plans
- Teeth cleaning available as an add-on with Preventative Care
Spaying and Neutering Coverage
- Available as an add-on with Prime Preventative Care
Alternative, Holistic, and Behavioral Coverage
- Alternative therapy covered by Accident and Illness coverage and Accident-Only coverage plans
- Behavioral therapy available with Accident and Illness coverage plan
- Primary care veterinarian of your choice
- Emergency hospitals
- Specialty clinics
- No veterinary network limits
Memberships, Awards, Ratings, and Licenses
- Better Business Bureau Accredited Business
- Member of NAPHIA, the North American Pet Health Insurance Association
- Partner of ASPCA, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Underwriting partnership with the Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group
Awards and Ratings
- Rating of Excellent (4.2 out of 5) on Trustpilot
- Rating of Excellent (4.1 out of 5) on Consumers Advocate
- Licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company
We are dedicated to distributing reviews that are based on a person's experience and opinions of their insurance company. It's not uncommon for reviews to be "reviewed" to ensure there is no offensive material. However, no review is a representation of our company and employees.